20070505

RICHARD BRANSON



A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.

And you know, I've had great fun turning quite a lot of different industries on their head and making sure those industries will never be the same again, because Virgin went in and took them on.

Business opportunities are like buses, there's always another one coming.

Fortunately we're not a public company - we're a private group of companies, and I can do what I want.

I believe in benevolent dictatorship provided I am the dictator.


I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It's done on gut feeling, especially if I can see that they are taking the mickey out of the consumer.

I wanted to be an editor or a journalist, I wasn't really interested in being an entrepreneur, but I soon found I had to become an entrepreneur in order to keep my magazine going.

My mother was determined to make us independent. When I was four years old, she stopped the car a few miles from our house and made me find my own way home across the fields. I got hopelessly lost.

Ridiculous yachts and private planes and big limousines won't make people enjoy life more, and it sends out terrible messages to the people who work for them. It would be so much better if that money was spent in Africa - and it's about getting a balance.

The music industry is a strange combination of having real and intangible assets: pop bands are brand names in themselves, and at a given stage in their careers their name alone can practically gaurantee hit records.

You never know with these things when you're trying something new what can happen. This is all experimental.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?